Commercial Auto Insurance

Commercial auto liability coverage provides protection for any business-owned or leased commercial vehicle. Policies can include collision and damage coverage as well as coverage for property and personal damage to others.

Business Auto Insurance
Just like you need Texas auto insurance for your own car, you need Texas business auto and Texas commercial truck insurance to cover your business-owned or leased car, commercial truck, or other vehicle. If you, or any of your employees have an accident in your business’s car or commercial truck, you may be liable for bodily injuries, lost wages or any damage caused.

Typical Texas Business Auto Insurance Coverage

Bodily Injury Liability
Coverage for damages that involve bodily injury to others for which you become responsible under law.

Property Damage Liability
Coverage for damage to property of others for which you become responsible under law.

Medical Payments
Coverage for reasonable and necessary medical expenses and funeral services for those who are accidentally injured while in your commercial truck or while getting into or out of your commercial truck.

Personal Injury Protection
Coverage for medical, hospital, rehabilitation, loss of wages or loss of services costs resulting from injury to you or any resident family member. In case of death to the insured or a resident family member, death benefits and survivor benefits, if applicable, will be provided.

Other Business Auto Insurance Coverages

Protection for the loss of or damage to your commercial truck or car and its equipment from all causes except collision, subject to the deductible on the policy.

Protection for the collision damage to your commercial truck or automobile and its equipment, subject to the deductible on the policy.

Uninsured Motorist
Coverage allows you to recover bodily injury damages due to an accident where the other party does not have insurance, and is found legally liable.

Underinsured Motorist
Coverage allows you to recover bodily injury damages due to an accident where the other party is found legally liable and does not have adequate liability limits.

Additional Expense
Coverage for necessary additional expenses incurred as a result of a loss for which you are protected under comprehensive or collision coverage. These expenses include rental cars, food, lodging and other incidental expenses.

Hired Auto Liability Coverage
Covers liability for automobiles or tucks hired under contract on behalf of or loaned to the named insured.

Hired Auto Physical Damage
Coverage for an commercial trucks or automobiles of any type, hired, borrowed or leased on a short term basis for use in the insured’s business.

Employer’s Non-Ownership Liability
Coverage for a private-passenger automobile or truck used in the business of the named insured by any person, or the occasional and infrequent use of a commercial automobile or truck in the business by any of your employees.

Truck Cargo Coverage
Shippers often require commercial truckers to carry cargo coverage. Now, you can help your for-hire commercial trucking customers meet that requirement with Progressive’s new Cargo offering. It pays when your customer is responsible for damage to or loss of cargo that he or she transports on behalf of a client.